Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bad Boys & Braille

I might just have gotten one of the biggest ego-boosts ever. Yesterday I went to the release party for the magazine Uttryck, you know, the one I've been doing illustrations for! Let's take a closer look!!

Here's the front plus a small portrait for which I've made


Look at this, this is fucking amazing! A whole page, for MY illustration!!


I met Odessan who wrote the text I made the illustration for, and apparently this was the best spread in the whole magazine according to one of the guys who's been working putting it all together. Iiih!!

And you know what's better then one full page? ANOTHER ONE!
I didn't expect this, I knew the other one would get a full page but shit this made me happy haha.

Only thing that irritates me is that they have put the title for the text on top of my illustrations. I don't think it looks good and I would like to have been informed about it. If I knew that was the case, I would have liked to make them myself.
Over all the release party was nice, talked to some people, drank apple juice, brought with me a whole bunch of magazines, broke a small glass piece on a door, got a lot of compliments from both then project leader, editor and others and the facilitate was super cool. What made me most happy was that Odessan liked my illustration for her text, that was the only thing that worried me!

No comments:

Post a Comment