Saturday, June 23, 2012

Douchebag brain

I've started to pack together my Paris and London life now to head back to Stockholm again and doing so I've noticed a few stuff. One of them is that I don't have enough cool t-shirt (and too many old ones with holes in them) and that my obsession for pens have start to come alive again.


I guess it has to do with drawing one picture a day. It's hard to make something digital every day, at least for me. I spend a lot of hours at my computer every day, both when it comes to work and just for the LoLs. Sitting on the computer there's a lot of distractions going on (Skype, FB, Youtube, 9Gag, blogs, etc,. etc.) so if I'm not focused the thing I'm working on will take a lot longer to make, and I prefer not to spend even MORE time on the computer if I don't have to after a long day of starring into the screen..  AND ALSO I DON'T/CAN'T DRAG AROUND MY COMPUTER + TABLET EVERYWHERE!! So it's much easier to carry around some loose papers or a sketch book. And that leads me to what might become my next addiction: Sketchbooks.


I've never really used sketchbooks before, usually I get one, draw on the first five pages and then go back to draw on loose A4 papers. But, one again, I think this has to do with drawing one picture a day. It's nice to have a place where it's all gathered.
Anyway, back to my precious pens.
I can't no longer fit all my favorite/the pencils I use the most in the two pen cases I have any more but still my brain is like "You need MORE..!!" There's this reaaallyyy nice art supply store close to to the Partizan office that's selling Promarkers for a good price. I've already bought a pack of 5 and yesterday when I was using them my brain said
"You should get more. They are cheap"
and I'm like "No brain, they are expensive!"
and it's countering with "Nooo, no, not at all! It's cheaper then in Sweden"
and I try to fight it with saying "But I don't really need them and.."
but my brain is like "They are in pretty colors. You need them."

So tomorrow I'm going shopping.



I love having a lot of material, that way it feels in some way easier to draw and make something that can become good. But in the end I guess it's just an addiction.. that I'm obsessed with having ALL THE COLORS and seeing my collection grow.
I guess one sign of my obsession is that I do stuff like this, super long and random blog entries about them..

No comments:

Post a Comment