Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fuck structure

I don't know how many times I've said it before, but I think it's super fun to see how other people draw. But one thing about those kind of videos, tutorials or just work in progress pictures can irritate me.. They look to damn perfect! When I draw I have some structure, like draw the things in the front first when it comes to line art, but I jump around a lot. Like this picture (the latest one for We Wear Sneakers) just looks creepy for the moment..! I draw the eyes, hair, jump back to the eyes, start on the scarf, do more hair and then back to the eyes. I basically draw whatever I feel like. If I'm doing something in the hair and then see that "Ah, I could add that detail at the eye!" I just do it.
I think that if I had too much structure while drawing it would not be as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment