Saturday, January 12, 2013

Adventure Time & Bob's Burgers

I have totally fallen in love with two cartoons! Really happy about it since both of them is in 2D and that inspires me to work more with that, they make me laugh a lot which puts me in a good mood and that also makes it easier to work/draw.
Let's take a closer look at them:

The first one is Adventure Time, a cartoon airing on Cartoon Network and is on it's 5th season. The story is about Jake the dog and Finn the human going on all sorts of adventures!
They are best friends and also brothers, so just like other people in the same situation they fight and argue some times, but then forgives each other and continue with their awesome games and heroic actions.
All the characters are easy to love and I got addicted right away. I love the style it is made in, there's basically no shadows (except in mystical caves and sunsets etc.) and all clean lines. The animation is great and I love looking at how they make Jake move since he's able to do all sorts of things! But one of the things that really impresses me from time to time is the colours. Sometimes I stop to save the backgrounds or effects, characters and monsters just for that.




The other one I just started watching yesterday, but I already love it..! The name of the cartoon is Bob's Burgers and is about a Bob and his family running a hamburger restaurant. So far it is 3 seasons long.




The whole family is really strange (but lovable) and sometimes the things they say is super awkward and aggressive, but that's what makes it. The conversations are gold!
The animation is sort of the same as Adventure Time, flat 2D with no shadows tho the movement is not as well made. I had some problems with the style in the beginning but now I like it, especially the hands and way the moths is animated.

[Edit:
I've started watching the second season now and the animation is better! Really impressed with some stuff actually..]

No comments:

Post a Comment