Wednesday, December 4, 2013

4. Berätta om hur du får dina kläder att hålla längre

4. Explain what you do to make your clothes last longer

I don't wash my clothes too often and that keeps the shape and seems of the garment from tearing (+ good for the environment). I've had so many hoodies and sweaters that in the end just looked like a big, flat piece of fabric..

Before I throw something away I think of what other possibilities the garment still have. If it's jeans I often cut off a leg and use if I need to repair another pair. Last week I saved two of my favourite jeans from the trash! I have a hard time throwing away clothes in general, often I stuff them at the back of my closet until I miss/need them.

This summer I didn't have money to get a new jacket so I took one of my mums old jeans jackets and sew a Bloody Rainbow patch on it. I still don't feel that jeans jackets are my thing, but that made it more 'me' and fun to wear!


This is nr. 4 of the Christmas Calendar made by Emily Dhal

No comments:

Post a Comment