Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Monster Tutorial

This is one of the daily drawings, but I thought I might as well share it now. So grab a pencil and be ready to make some monsters!!

1. Draw a random shape, don't think too much and it's good if the lines isn't too close each other.
2. Find some shapes that you like! This will be the foundation for your monster.

3. Add details to make this random mess into something awesome~ At this point I make details to make it look steady and more "logic"/natural. Add some typical monster details, like horns, sharp teeth and claws and whatever.
4. Start to freshen it up!

5. Add more small details if you want to and then colour.


I wouldn't say this "technique" is unique, but I came up with it when I got sick of all my monsters sort of looked the same. Also I find this super good when I don't know what to draw. Really easy and good way to get your creativity on~

No comments:

Post a Comment