Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thank you Grandma'!

This weekend I was at my grandparents place in Bollnäs, about 3 hours north of Stockholm. As always it was really nice seeing them along with my cousins, uncles and all the others.
One thing that makes me really happy is when my grandma' shows me things she have made since last time. Her biggest hobby is to paint on porcelain. I've gotten plates and mugs with fun and beautiful paintings on them for as long as I can remember!
Well, last time I visited I had bought a brush for her and now she told me how good it was and shoved me some projects. The latest thing is how to draw realistic roses- hard stuff..! It makes me happy to see that even tho she's old she still goes to classes, learning new things and keeping her creativity going.
And I guess like most other grandmothers (like my other one, on mum's side) she's superb in sewing, knitting and other kinds of craft work in general. Not hard to see where I've gotten some of my inspiration ~

I'm about to move atm. so I'll probably find and photograph some stuff she have made later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment